GBARC Virtual Meeting Room

https://meet.k9by.us/b/bre-h3z-dzd is the link to the GBARC virtual meeting room.

Club meetings will be held virtually meeting until further notice.

The virtual meeting room is also open Wednesday evenings from 7:45PM - 9PM for rag chew.

GBARC Meeting Minutes April 2021

Meeting Date: 
April 5, 2021
Meeting Location: 
Video Conference Meeting

Video Conference Meeting! Virtual Presence: 11 Brett K9BY – President Lyndon WA9JLD – Vice President Dean K9FLO – Secretary Greg K9GJN – Treasure Chuck WD9BB – Officer

Secretary Report: Dean-K9FLO reviewed the minutes from the March 1, 2021 meeting on the web. Recommended for Approval by Ed-kb9nbp and seconded by Chuck-wd9bb.

Treasurer Report: Greg-K9GJN presented the Treasurers report. Dean-k9flo received our annual ARRL club insurance notice for $200 due 6/1/2021. We had a discussion on the dues being received and covid-19 impact on club events. It was decided we would defer our club insurance payment till next month’s meeting. A motion to approve the treasurers report was made by Lyndon-wa9jld and seconded by Chuck-wd9bb.

Old Business: Brett-k9by no news on a new club call sign, keep pursuing. Brett-k9by: how many have had their Covid shot? Most everyone on the call did. Brett-k9by: we discussed what we needed for Field Day: tents rope, station placing. Greg-k9gjn will contact the FD Chief to see if we is still have go head on the grounds use. Chuck-wd9bb felt if we are comfortable with having an on- site event with proper Covid-19 precautions (spacing masks, sanitation). A question of operating at home and or onsite (the points are the same), maybe doing both. A discussion on different scenarios on how many participates, when available to help (schedule). Brett-k9by there is enough interest to go head with Field Day 2021! We finalize everything at the May meeting. Brett-k9by: should we having a club auction later this Summer?  We had a discussion on a location, needs insurance/liability, size. Brett-k9by we should start small (see if it works). Dean-k9flo we could have club picnic/auction locally.  Brett-k9by shall we pursue it or wait? Kurt-ke9n suggest we wait a month or two to see what the Covid-19 impact is. It was decided we should wait to make a commitment.

New Business: Denny’s is open and Brett-k9by is going to check to see if they can handle groups for Breakfast! If they can Dean-k9flo will send out a mass mailing for Breakfast at Denny’s South Beloit April 10, 8AM.

Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm Motion to adjourn by Kurt-ke9n seconded by Lyndon-wa9jld

Program:

Next Meeting will be May 3, 2021. Secretary: Dean-K9FLO

Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux