GBARC Meeting Minutes January 2019

Meeting Date: 
January 14, 2019
Meeting Location: 
Main Fire Station, 1111 Church St., Beloit, WI.

Present: 12

Brett K9BY – President

Lyndon WA9JLD – Vice President

Dean K9FLO – Secretary

Greg K9GJN – Treasure

Chuck WD9BB – Officer

An introduction of everyone present was done.    

Secretary Report:

Dean-K9FLO reviewed the minutes from the December 3, 2018, meeting,   Recommended for Approval by Dave-ak9f seconded by Chuck-wd9bb and the membership approved as read.

Treasurer Report:

Greg-K9GJN gave the current treasurer’s report.    Greg had some questions from the membership on the treasury status.   A motion to approve Treasurer Report by Lyndon-wa9jld and seconded by Tom-n9tom.    2019 Dues are due!        

Old Business:   

Greg-k9gjn the Janesville Fire Dept. training location has been reserved for the June 22 & 23, 2019 Summer Field Day event.     Brett-k9by provided the status of looking for a vanity club call sign, a discussion followed and we will continue pursuing a new 1x2, 1x1, 2x1 call sign,   the membership agreed.    Lyndon-wa9jld was presented with an Honorary Membership Plaque from the GBRAC Membership.

  

New Business

Chuck-wd9bb was contacted by Austin from Beloit Daily News about doing an Ham Radio article about the 2019 Winter Field Day event this month (January 26-27, 2019).    Chuck invited Austin to Breakfast prep meeting and the Field Day Event at Chuck’s that afternoon.    Greg-k9gjn told the members about the Santa Claus Net on 3916 and having his Granddaughter check in to the Santa Claus net (she really enjoyed it).    Dave-ak9f talked about the community involvement with the mail delivered to North Pole, AK.     Field Day we will meet at Denny’s 8am for planning; will be at Chuck’s-wd9bb starting about 10am.     Will be Setting up the antennas (two dipole antennas and 15m antenna), Lyndon the gen-set will also be ready to set up.    We will set up at least two stations and power supplies, have a spare radio.    Dean will bring the filters.   (Greg: update: No FT8 allowed)     Brett-k9by brought up the Ed-kb9nbp recommendation on having a club logo made.    Last week we had a guest Bill-k9wan who informed us his son owns “Embroider This” store and would be a good contact (Dean will check into), a discussion followed on the design, having a patch or imprint on a jacket, t-shirt, hat and use GBRAC.      Brett would like to have a presentation and project addressing what we can have built and what to do if we had an EMP event.   Tom-n9tom inquired on the status of building or obtaining a trailer for hauling towers, antennas and equipment.   Lyndon-wa9jld and Brett-k9by are looking for metal or an already built trailer, discussion followed.   Bob-w9ewz inquired if the club ever thought of participating in the Wi-QSO party March 10 1800Z (8 hours) 1-8pm.   A discussion followed and decided to have further discussions with Chuck-wd9bb, Bret-k9by and anyone else interested contact Brett-k9by or Chuck-wd9bb.             

    

Announcements:

  None

Motion to adjourn: Greg-k9gjn and was seconded by Lyndon-wa9jld.

 

Program

Dave-ak9f gave an excellent presentation on Digital Hot Spots, the technology and the equipment (multimode digital modems) required making it happen.

Next Meeting will be  February 4 ,2019!

Secretary: Dean-K9FLO

Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux