GBARC Meeting Minutes January 2023

Meeting Date: 
January 2, 2023
Meeting Location: 
Main Fire Station, 1111 Church St., Beloit, WI.

Video Conference Meeting!

Virtual Presence: 12

Brett K9BY – President

 Lyndon WA9JLD – Vice President

Dean K9FLO – Secretary

Greg K9GJN – Treasure

Chuck WD9BB – Officer

Secretary Report:

Dean-K9FLO read the minutes from our December 5, 2022, video meeting.      Recommended for Approval by Chuck-wd9bb and seconded by Lyndon-wa9jld.          

Treasurer Report: 

Greg-k9gjn reviewed the status of the Club funds.    Dues are do starting next month.      A motion to approve the treasures report by Lyndon-wa9jld, seconded by Chuck-wd9bb.   

Old Business:         

Brett-k9by still looking for a new location.      Brian-kd9qvb visited the Beloit Library and they had a lot of very nice meeting rooms with A/V facilities, but they lock-up at 8:30PM.    We need to change our meeting start-up times to use the library.     Brian-kd9qvb there is a form online we could print and fill-in and mail to the library.     Jim-kd9gdy attended the RACES meeting, they will meet every three months, or if something comes up like the PIE-Ride, emergency events, they will address that as needed.       Brett-k9by informed us the GBARC dues are now $25, and our club web page has been updated to use PayPal.    The Repeater association dues also can be paid by PayPal.    Brett-k9by demonstrated the procedure online.     Dean-k9flo what about our new membership form?      Brett-k9by the QR code will be added to our new membership application form and have QR code available on our Hamfest table for renews, new members.       Or U.S. mail your checks to Greg-k9gjn.    Brett-k9by we did move our domain name account from Go-Daddy.com to Name-cheap.com for $9 then $15 second year saving about $10 a year.       

New Business

Chuck-wd9bb has an equipment carrying case available for the club filters and will have it there for the Winter Field Day event.      Dennis-kd9qgh a question on status of ARIES?     Brett-k9by we are a separate group, but we will share info and help them such as the Pie-ride.    Brett-k9by has been providing their communication needs.        Winter field is 1/28-29/2023 at Chuc-wd9bb place, we have plenty of firewood.     We will meet at Denny’s for breakfast planning meeting and then go over to Chucks-wd9bb place to setup the equipment/antennas.      Try to set up the towers by the cornfield side of the garage and jut do two towers.      Kurt-ke9n has provided us use of his genset.    Do we want to use the genset or use commercial power this year.     If We didn’t use genset we would eliminate any down time and cost of fuel, but we would loose 500 points.   Dennis-kd9qdh suggested using battery or solar.    We had a discussion on using batteries, inverters as a power source.     Poll on doing the extensive power setup for 500 extra points.     Voting result:  4-No, 3-yes.     Dennis-kd9qdh is going to work on the math if we could do the emergency power setup.    Will be using n3fjp logging software and bring your key.      Food: Greg-k9gjn will be bring Chile, Brett-k9by will bring pizza later in the evening, Brian-kd9qvb popcorn.     Brett-k9by if conditions are bad severe weather (-0 temps).     Brett-k9by will bring all pc, server, and stuff, Dean-k9flo will bring ft-991, Greg-k9gjn 50amp power supply, Brett-k9by will bring his KW TS-850.   Saturday Breakfast 8am Denny’s, Chuck-wd9bb about 10am.     We will start to planning for emergency power.     Will bring power meters (kilowatt ac meter) and DC amp-meter.    Kurt-ke9n offered the use of his genset.      Brett-K9by club dues are due and can be paid on the club web site thru PayPal or mailed in.      March is nominations for three board members, current is Brett-k9by, Lyndon-wa9jld and Chuck-wd9bb and April meeting is Voting.    Brett-k9by is proposing on making some changes to the By-laws.      Chuck-wd9bb suggested this spring we have a Fox hunt.     Brett-k9by sounds like a good idea and I do have all the equipment.      Let’s plan on a hunt.    Chuck-wd9bb suggested we offer a prize.   Everyone agreed, maybe a $10 gift card.

Meeting to adjourned at 8:43:pm.

Motion to adjourn by Dean-k9flo seconded by Greg-k9gjn.

Program:  none

Next Meeting will be February 6, 2022. 

Secretary: Dean-K9FLO

 

Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux