GBARC Virtual Meeting Room

https://meet.k9by.us/b/bre-h3z-dzd is the link to the GBARC virtual meeting room.

Club meetings will be held virtually meeting until further notice.

The virtual meeting room is also open Wednesday evenings from 7:45PM - 9PM for rag chew.

GBARC Meeting Minutes June 2021

Meeting Date: 
June 7, 2021
Meeting Location: 
Main Fire Station, 1111 Church St., Beloit, WI.

Video Conference Meeting!

Virtual Presence: 14

Brett K9BY – President

Lyndon WA9JLD – Vice President

Dean K9FLO – Secretary

Greg K9GJN – Treasure

Chuck WD9BB – Officer

Secretary Report:

Dean-K9FLO reviewed the minutes from the May 3, 2021 meeting on the web.     Recommended for Approval by Lyndon-wa9jld and seconded by Chuck-wd9bb.

Treasurer Report:

Greg-K9GJN presented the Treasurers report:   Due to technical issues (internet down), Treasurers report will be later.     Greg-k9gjn reported we have already spent this year’s dues.   

Old Business:        

Brett-k9by Pie-ride will be June 19, starting for us about 8AM.      Jerrod has informed us that he will prove Volunteer T-shirts for the participating Volunteers: about 6 hams and please provide me with your T-shirt sizes.     I do not know when we will receive the T-shirts or the vehicle flags so for now, we will meet at Lions Beach Janesville about 7:30-7:45 to receive our assignments and T-shirts.    

Field Day: Setup Friday 5pm.   Stations: Kurt is planning on bringing his motorhome to setup as a station, it is self-contained (emergency power, antennas, and radio) and also a heat escape location.     Greg-k9gjn will be bring his ft-991 for station for FT8 and available for a backup.          Brett will bring his Ic7300 for a spare, Kenwood ts-2000 for the 6M station and will be shared with Andy’s (kd9esm) Satellite antenna system.      The station captains will bring their own PCs.    Brett-k9by will bring extra PCs and will be providing a “Disciplined GPS clock” for the satellite tracking system and stations.     Antennas: Brett-k9by will bring the two OCF dipoles, 10-15 beam which will be mounted on the short tower section to the wooden fire structure.       Brett will bring the Wolf coils and Hex beam.     Greg-k9gjn (joined) will be using the wolf coils for FT8.     Brett-k9by recommend we put the fifty-foot tower up with the Hex beam and 6m beam or put hex on the ground tripod.     Lyndon-wa9jld will bring a rotor and cable for the 6m beam.  Chuck-wd9bb checked our tower and mast status we are good for field-day.     Kurt-ke9n about the use of the RV is questionable due to his possible property sales.     Kurt-ke9n will bring his TS-480.    Bob-w9ewz and Dan-k9ibm will be operating the CW station and Bob-w9ewz will bring Keys.      Greg-k9gjn and Brett-k9by will bring power supplies.     Dean-k9flo will be bring the band filters.    We discussed initial tower pipe needs (pipes) and antennas set-up plans.     Saturday evening meals: James will bring deserts, Carl-w9bj will provide meals, will communicate with Danielke0wjl, Brett-k9by: chicken salad dish.   Greg-k9gjn will bring Blackstone for cooking breakfasts.    Publicity: “ARRL PR kit” do a standard news release to the local newspapers and social media: Dannell-kd9rxb volunteered James-kd9rnx.     Danell-kd9rxb will notify local officials.   ARRL Bulletins. No go to station.      Need a check list!   NTS traffic to section manager.      Brett-k9by we are still looking for an old used boat trailer for tower carrier.  Dan-k9ibm is online and will be doing CW at Field Day.    

New Business:

Discussed keeping jitsi video service, all agreed to keeping the jitsi.      Breakfast this Saturday.

Due to the audio issues these minutes are not guaranteed to be accurate, just close!

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm

Motion to adjourn by Lyndon-wa9jld seconded by Chuck-wd9bb

Program:  

Next Meeting will be July 12, 2021. 

Secretary: Dean-K9FLO

Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux